Sheba Center for Strategic Studies (SCSS) is an independent non-profitable think-tank distinguished by adopting international and up-to-date standards to ensure quality in its wok and guarantee a unique structure, management, instruments and expected outputs. SCSS’s plans have been drafted to positively foster the state and society in Yemen. Its outputs are intended to provide decission-makers with alternatives related social , political and economic issues. It makes data, research findings, reports, analyses, scenarios and alternatives at their finger tips. By doing so, the Center aims at contributing in rationalizing decision making process for the country\\\'s interest. It also works closely and interactively with various Yemeni research and academic institutions.
SCSS aims at
- Appropriately addressing questions on strategic, political, economic and social issues related to Yemen and the region;
- Adopting pertinent scientific and rational methodology in researching and thinking, away from traditional scholastic approaches;
- Reviewing imposed western theories and concepts on Arab societies in order to envisage suitable conceptual frameworks;
- Re-identifying priorities according to the importance of subjects being addressed in research arena;
- Capitalizing all capacities available to contribute to knowledge accumulation;
- Supporting studies and activities that may improve education and liberate curricula from instructive and obsolete perceptions and enhancing criticism;
- Taking the initiative to re-identify the relationship with the other (particularly, the West) by understanding its positive features and abandoning it as a unified and obscure bloc; and
- Conducting future studies and providing anticipated or prospectus scenarios along with creating alternatives for decision makers in Yemen.